Early supported discharge stroke rehab team(Home)
Occupational therapist leading home visit to establish home visit suitability of home environment, identifying potential equipment or adaptation needs.
PT and OT often working together to identify solutions to mobility difficulties around the home environment such as steps and stairs.
Referral to aids and adaptations team if required.
Referral to equipment stores for equipment such as perching stool, bed lever.
Occupational therapist ensuring safe and timely discharge
Early discharge team the occupational therapist will continue to work on client centred goals, the focus may be on:
– Greater independence in activities of daily living
– Community access
– Returning to leisure activities and hobbies
– Work on emotional adjustment following stroke
– Fatigue management/ Sleep management/sleep hygiene
– Accessing assistive technology such as telecare