Establishing safe activities
As the patient starts to recover and engage actively in therapy the Occupational therapist will
– Begin to assess basic functional activities such as feeding, washing and dressing
– Begin to assess cognitive status/ liaise with SALT /psychology
– Liaise with family members and patient to establish social situation, previously held occupations, leisure interests, etc
– Begin to provide education to family and patient regarding stroke rehabilitation
– Patient would be transferred to inpatient rehabilitation unit.